Sunday, August 12, 2007

Questions/Information for my Anaesthetist


Questions/Information for my Anaesthetist:

· I am particularly anxious about this surgery, and wondered whether I could have a Pre-Med on this occasion?
· I get very sick when I am on Morphine, so please could you ensure you give me plenty of anti-sickness medication?
· I get very frightened about having the actual injection that puts me to sleep – any advice?

Medications that I am taking Regularly:
Zoladex 3.6mg – last injection (either 30/8/07 or 3/9/07)
Tibolone – 2.5mg – This was stopped on 6.8.07, one month before surgery
Beconase nasal spray - two sprays daily (for hayfever etc)
Duloxetine – 30mg – I am coming off this drug, so am now only taking this occasionally
Lamitrogine – 50mg – taken once a day

Painkillers I like taking (or help):
Syndol (allegedly for migraines, brought OTC). Has codeine, paracetamol and other stuff in it – a muscle relaxant.
Co-Proxamol (now no longer available, sadly)
Co-Codamol – not as good as the above.
Voltoral – suppository only (I get nauseous with the tablets – taken too much of this in the past, so stomach is less tolerant)

Drugs that I have had adverse reactions to in the past:
(Main problems caused – sickness/palpitations)
Dotheipin – gave me very severe palpitations
Tramadol – gave me very severe palpitations (happened once)
Morphine/strong opioids make me very sick, so although I they help, must be given with plenty of anti-emetic injections, or things get very messy!!!

I have a disc prolapse at L4/5, and a very hypermobile spine that will get very irritated with lying very flat. I have been given lumbar epidurals in the past which have been extremely effective for management of chronic pain in this area.

Post-Operative:
· I don’t mind what medication I have so long as I am not vomiting!
· Unfortunately the whole pelvic area/lower back area is now highly sensitised because I have had so much pain in that area over the years, so please feel free to bomb me out as much as you want. I will then be much less grumpy to the ward staff!




Isobel Knight
August 2007

1 comment:

hannah said...

I never go to my doctor anymore asking for pain killers prescription and then be turned down at the end, all I do is order online from www.medsheaven.com hassle free and low cost, they have three pain killers listed on their website which are ultram tramadol celebrex that you buy, and the best part is no prescription required!!!