Saturday, December 8, 2007

In the Wee Small Hours

There is no doubt that being in pain is an isolating experience. The worst thing is the loneliness that one feels when being in pain in the wee small hours of the night. It is a difficult time because everything is very quiet, and normally you would be fast asleep yourself... except you can't sleep. The pain is keeping your brain up and active which leads to more frustration and misery because there is no one you can talk to, or cuddle up to if you are single.

I sometimes dream of someone just scooping me up into their arms and holding me and telling me that it will all be OK - even if it won't be. It is just about getting rid of some of the misery you feel and dumping it temporarily onto them. I suppose there is great truth in that old adage, 'a problem shared is a problem halved'.

No comments: