Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Good News

I have now had three periods which have been what I would consider to be "normal" and what most women would experience. Yes, I have needed painkillers, but compared to how I was existing before, this is completely manageable, and paracetamol and volterol seem to be sufficient, with a bit of codeine at night.

On two the last two periods I have even done a ballet class, which would have been completely unthinkable in the past.

I have managed to work normally, see friends and live a "normal" life. My life has not stopped because my period started.

I believe that my endometriosis was completely removed at the surgery in September, and I think that other improvements such as very, very low wheat/dairy diet have also improved things.

It is wonderful not to have my life disrupted and to experience a few days of a little inconvenience, but my body otherwise doing exactly what nature intended.

No comments: