Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 3

Usually on day three things start to level off, both pain and bleeding-wise. Not so. In fact although things were manageable in the day-time, things seem to have taken off to a new level again this evening. Means upping the anti on the drug front in order to cope with the battle. Gets quite interesting really - working out a strategic plan of action. Had another hot bath - seem to be having about 4 baths a day at the moment. Hot water is on 'constant'. Did some deep breathing for a while, 'pushing the pain away' as the midwives show you on TV programmes where women give birth. Was quite a good thing to do. Got various pillows to put under my knees in bed as my back is too sore to lie flat. Got a heat pad on full-blast.

Saw GP again today. She asked me what I wanted to do. Duh! I would have thought that was obvious... But then again, perhaps not! I have asked her to contact my consultant again and tell him how unmanageable my situation is, and how on top of all the pain I am now very depressed and also about to shout at anyone who gets in my way. I too, left a distress message on the Endo nurse's phone in the early hours of Sunday morning. My GP and I discussed hysterectomy - I said, I'd love one, but consultant isn't convinced this will solve my problem.

There is no doubt about it - I have reached the end of my tether. This can't go on.
I didn't go to work today. Tried to do some from home and gave up. My concentration was poor, and I was too depressed to do much. Given that my pain has increased significantly again this evening, I shouldn't be too surprised if I don't go in tomorrow either. I am so hypersensitive that I am liable to cry if anyone says anything slightly unkind to me, and I am apt to making mistakes whilst I am drugged out and all over the place. This is no quality of life at all.

Sorry for the whinge!

No comments: